When you’re dealing with the serious injuries that tend to result from collisions involving commercial vehicles, odds are good that you will need a trucking accident lawyer Colorado clients choose for representation. There are many causes for why truck accidents occur, and driver negligence is a common one. If that was the case for you, you should not have to pay your medical bills for injuries that may not have been your fault.
If you were injured in a truck accident, you may want to consult with an experienced trucking accident lawyer Colorado respects. A skilled lawyer from Cannon Hadfield Stieben & Doutt, LLC may help you get fairly compensated for your injuries.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Because trucks are so large, they can cause serious injuries and even deaths during vehicle crashes. If you’re searching for an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Colorado, it may be important to find a lawyer who has dealt with similar cases in the past. An effective trucking accident lawyer Colorado trusts will know that there are many possible factors that could have contributed to causing the accident in which you were a victim. Some of the most common reasons truck accidents occur include the following:
- Fatigue: If truck drivers have been on the road for hours, they may become very tired and could even fall asleep at the wheel. This can put every driver on the road in danger. There is legislation in place to restrict the number of hours that a commercial driver may be on the road. If the driver fails to abide by these laws, he/she could be held liable for causing an accident.
- Distracted Driving: To avoid accidents, it’s important for truck drivers to focus their entire attention on the road. Unfortunately, some truck drivers may talk on the phone, text, or do other things while driving.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Trucking companies are required to properly maintain all their trucks to avoid equipment failure. If a trucking accident lawyer Colorado counts on can prove that an accident was caused by faulty equipment, there may be several parties that could be held liable. The trucking company, the truck manufacturer, and even a third-party leasing the truck could be held responsible.
- Speeding: Some companies pay their drivers based on the amount of time it takes to transport a load. This could end up encouraging truck drivers to speed.
- Improper Loading of Cargo: When a truck is improperly loaded, this could have drastic consequences. Trucks are only made to carry so much weight. If a loading company fails to load and secure cargo properly, or if it loads too much cargo, the truck driver may be unable to control his/her vehicle.
It’s important to collect or document evidence that the truck driver or trucking company was responsible for your injuries based on these or other factors. It is in your best interest to seek out a trucking accident lawyer in Colorado who has experience litigating cases similar to yours and who can help put together a strong case on your behalf. By determining what action or inaction by the driver or their employer ultimately led to the accident, you may be able to strengthen your claim. This in turn can help you recover the damages from your injuries with the assistance of your Colorado trucking accident lawyer.
Recovering Damages in a Trucking Accident Case
The kinds of damages you can include in a trucking accident claim will vary based on how you were affected. But as a trucking accident lawyer Colorado clients turn to will tell you, damages tend to fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional.
- Medical bills and expenses from treatment for your injuries.
- Lost income, which includes wages or salary you were unable to earn during your recovery time thus far, and potential future wages you may be unable to earn.
Permanent scarring, disfigurement, and disabilities are additional possible damages. In addition, if you had a loved one who was killed in a collision involving a truck, there is the chance of recovering damages for funeral costs as well as the emotional pain and suffering you are experiencing. Regardless of your circumstances, it can be beneficial to have an attorney on your side so that you are not fighting alone.
Hiring a Trucking Accident Lawyer to Represent You
Personal injury and accident cases require proving another party’s negligence as the cause. This is easier said than done. Proving negligence is challenging, and without the help of a trucking accident lawyer Colorado recognized for their skill and experience, you may lose out on the benefits you could have received.
To afford proper medical care that will enable you to recover from your truck accident injuries, it may be necessary to obtain compensation from the at-fault party. For this reason, if you were involved in a truck accident, it may be in your best interest to make an appointment with a trucking accident lawyer Colorado depends on. Here are a couple benefits of working with a reputable attorney from our law firm:
- Fair Compensation: A Colorado trucking accident lawyer may know the approximate worth of your injuries and make sure that you receive fair compensation. Liability can be a problem in accidents involving commercial trucks, simply because several parties could potentially be held liable. If you’re having trouble obtaining a fair settlement offer, a lawyer from our firm may be able to advocate for you.
- Representation in Court and in Negotiations: Many personal injury claims are settled outside of the courtroom. This can be very beneficial for accident victims, because it often saves time and money. However, if your claim cannot be settled, you’ll want an experienced lawyer who can help you prepare for court.
Contact a Dependable Trucking Accident Lawyer Colorado Can Provide
If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident, you don’t have to go through the claims process alone. To schedule a free consultation with a reputable trucking accident lawyer Colorado offers, contact Cannon Hadfield Stieben & Doutt, LLC at (970) 689-3037. We are highly experienced with personal injury cases of all kinds. When you’re ready to move forward with a trucking accident lawyer Colorado clients trust, call Cannon Hadfield Stieben & Doutt, LLC for your free case evaluation.