If you were injured in a truck accident, you may want to consult with an experienced trucking accident lawyer Colorado respects. A skilled lawyer from Cannon Hadfield Stieben, LLC may help you get fairly compensated for your injuries.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Because trucks are so large, they can cause serious injuries and even deaths during vehicle crashes. If you’re searching for an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Colorado, it may be important to find a lawyer who has dealt with similar cases in the past.
- Fatigue: If truck drivers have been on the road for hours, they may become very tired and could even fall asleep at the wheel. This can put every driver on the road in danger. There is legislation in place to restrict the number of hours that a commercial driver may be on the road. If the driver fails to abide by these laws, he/she could be held liable for causing an accident.
- Distracted Driving: To avoid accidents, it’s important for truck drivers to focus their entire attention on the road. Unfortunately, some truck drivers may talk on the phone, text, or do other things while driving.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Trucking companies are required to properly maintain all their trucks to avoid equipment failure. If a trucking accident lawyer Colorado counts on can prove that an accident was caused by faulty equipment, there may be several parties that could be held liable. The trucking company, the truck manufacturer, and even a third-party leasing the truck could be held responsible.
- Speeding: Some companies pay their drivers based on the amount of time it takes to transport a load. This could end up encouraging truck drivers to speed.
- Improper Loading of Cargo: When a truck is improperly loaded, this could have drastic consequences. Trucks are only made to carry so much weight. If a loading company fails to load and secure cargo properly, or if it loads too much cargo, the truck driver may be unable to control his/her vehicle.
Hiring a Trucking Accident Lawyer to Represent You
If you were involved in a truck accident, it may be in your best interest to make an appointment with a trucking accident lawyer Colorado depends on. Here are a couple benefits of working with a reputable attorney from our law firm:
- Fair Compensation: A Colorado trucking accident lawyer may know the approximate worth of your injuries and make sure that you receive fair compensation. Liability can be a problem in accidents involving commercial trucks, simply because several parties could potentially be held liable. If you’re having trouble obtaining a fair settlement offer, a lawyer from our firm may be able to advocate for you.
- Representation in Court and in Negotiations: Many personal injury claims are settled outside of the courtroom. This can be very beneficial for accident victims, because it often saves time and money. However, if your claim cannot be settled, you’ll want an experienced lawyer who can help you prepare for court.
Contact a Dependable Trucking Accident Lawyer Colorado Can Provide
If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident, you don’t have to go through the claims process alone. To schedule a free consultation with a reputable trucking accident lawyer Colorado offers, contact Cannon Hadfield Stieben, LLC at (970) 689-3037.